On Wildness

A few nights ago in the dreamtime, James and I were in the forest sitting at the top of a slide. A deep, narrow ravine was quite near and a pair of huge red wolves were running along its far side. They jumped across and a man ran toward them, waving his arms to scare them off. I marveled at how brave he was to rush wolves, and then there was a wolf beside me, opening its mouth wide. It closed its jaws around my right arm just below the elbow.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://gettingfr.ee/2019/06/12/on-wildness/
2 Likes

I love you. Thank you for sharing your words and heart in this form. I haven’t reached out much, but I think of you two often and smile at this grand adventure you are on

1 Like

Thank you, darling! It was wonderful to see you at Jennifer and Robert’s wedding just before we left, and so kind of you to visit the boat that weekend. Sending great love to you and yours in your own adventures!

I like to think that once you have been held by wildness, you can never not be held by it. That even if you choose another way of being, later, for whatever reason, you will still have that connection, like a sister, like a scar, like the best story you ever heard.

I loved reading this and I am inspired by it. What you and James are doing is magical. Thank you for sharing it with us and bringing us on the journey with you.

2 Likes

Goodness, love, that reads like a blessing. Thank you. I shall treasure these words. Your willingness to be our point person, our safety tether, is absolutely invaluable. You are always with us, and we are endlessly grateful.

THAT. :heart:

Love this post. Your journey this past year is a blessing to read. Your ability to jump into the void of the unknown, over and over, embracing every nuance of it all, is inspiring. Each new post reminds me to remember to breathe, be in the moment, and embrace and relish the journey. Thank you.

1 Like

Laura, that is so beautiful; thank you! I am so glad that my writing feels moving and useful. Great love to you!

1 Like