Look at you, Astronomer!

When we first moved aboard Rejoice, Anna asked if we did star viewing from the boat; I said I wanted to learn. She suggested that I sign up for the daily email from Earthsky.org, which has in the ensuing three years become one of my favorite things. Last week it noted that there would be a lovely nest of things happening before sunrise; a little last slip of moon before the new/no moon framed by Venus, Mercury, and Spica.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://gettingfr.ee/2020/11/17/look-at-you-astronomer/

Like so much of your writing, this had such a wonderful “you are here” quality in which the rich details coupled with photos make it feel as if I am in the kayak with you. Thank you for allowing me to come along vicariously.

This is soooo sweet. The sky is such a vast anomaly and completely there for us to explore and awe. I’m so glad you took advantage of the sky show and woke up early to immerse yourselves in it! Also - yes to adventures with loved ones - you will feel such a deeper connection to others through these experiences. So much more is happening emotionally in this post than what we “see”. Beautiful.