Kale Walnut Pesto

One of the things we are asked about often is how we eat on Rejoice. The answer is: very well! Nourishment is a primary activity and a great pleasure for us. My body has some interesting ideas about food, which is common in people living with endometriosis, so over the years I've done a lot of experimentation with my diet. At this point, we eat meat (which I generally keep in the freezer and thaw for the next meal at each meal), legumes (which I cook in a thermos to save on propane), eggs, vegetables & fruit, and nuts. Dairy is a treat. I stock lots of good oils and spices. Sometimes we eat rice or quinoa, but not often.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://gettingfr.ee/2018/10/22/kale-walnut-pesto/

Hi Kristie, I’m on my way to the grocery store and added kale to my list. This sounds delicious! You’ve been so influential in my diet that I’m becoming even more willing to try new ways of eating. Your suggestion of removing gluten from my diet has totally helped with my digestive issues. The one downside: since my bloat is gone the skin on my face looks more wrinkled. I’ve been slathering on moisturizer! I do have to say though, I still look young for my age. We have good genes!

1 Like

Mom, I’m SO glad to hear you are feeling better with some shifts to your nutritional choices! The funny thing is, I didn’t suggest you try it! You just decided to try it after finding it not so hard to feed me on our last visit!

I always love your face, but I think you’re more beautiful with your wrinkles than with bloat :slight_smile:

I can’t wait to hear what you think of the pesto!